Thursday, May 19, 2011

dinner, 5/18/11

Kind of a boring dinner tonight, but it was really quick and very easy to prepare. I had a bunch of champagne mangoes that were just about to turn, so I diced them up with some red and yellow bell pepper, some onion, some cilantro, lime, and some minced jalapeno. Is anyone else mystified by the inconsistent heat of the jalapeno? Half the time, they taste like bell peppers. The other half of the time, my tongue withers off. This one was hot, and I liked it.



Wrapped some tilapia in foil after sprinkling it with some seasoned salt and lime. Grilled it for 10 minutes and topped it with the mango relish (salsa?). The side was a simple arugula salad, which didn't really go, but we ate it anyway. You know, I don't care much for tilapia, but it was cheap and quick and worked fine here.

No comments: