Wednesday, June 8, 2011

trying to get pretty.

My skin hates me these days. You'd think with all of the moisture in the air here, it would be dewy and clear. You would be wrong. I've been bouncing all over the place on facial products and having a hard time finding anything that works. After a couple of mediocre tries at the drugstore, I decided to suck it up and buy the infamous Hope in a Jar by Philosophy. I'd heard it works miracles. It did not work at all for me. First of all, it smells very, very medicinal and harsh. I felt like I was at the doctor's office. I know unscented is preferred in facial products, but couldn't they add a little lavender or something? Secondly, it stung my face as though it had a ton of SPF. Thirdly, I broke out in tiny blemishes, almost like a rash. I gave it a week, but no dice.

Lucky for me, Sephora has a great return policy. So, I drove down to the mall and very easily got my money back (thank you, Sephora!). Instead of impulse buying, I asked for a sample of a product I'd heard of: Boscia's Luminizing Black Mask.


My husband asked me if I was going to some kind of extreme football game. Then I chased him around the house and tackled him. He was terrified. Ahh, marriage...

Anyway, it is goopy and black, like I'd imagine oil from the barrel looks. There wasn't enough in the sample to cover my entire visage, but I smeared what I had on my freshly washed face and waited about 15 minutes until it dried. Then the fun part: It peels off! I wish I had pictures, but he was asleep and I had my hands full. It was so fun to pick and peel it off. I looked like an alien in a science-fiction movie.

 Guys, this stuff is awesome. My skin was soft and smooth underneath, and it was totally gentle but not over-moisturizing. I'll probably head back to Sephora in the next couple of weeks (it's far away! At the mall!) and grab this if I can scrounge up the cash. It's $34 for 2.8 ounces, which I think would last for quite a while if I used it twice a week. Can't wait to see how terrifying I look when I cover my entire face with it!

No comments: