Wednesday, June 22, 2011

two-meal quinoa.

Dinner tonight is one of my favorite, lazy dinners. It involves only one pot, one bowl, and leftover veggies. If you're not me, you eat half of it and save the other half for tomorrow's lunch. If you're me, you eat two-thirds of it and then wonder how to pad it for another meal, or resist eating the remainder in an hour.


Here's how I make mine. Really, you can do whatever you want with it.

1/2 c. quinoa, cooked and cooled
1 can garbanzo beans, drained
1/2 cucumber, chopped
Handful of grape tomatoes, chopped
Onion, chopped
Green pepper, chopped
Basil
Splash of olive oil
Splash of red wine vinegar
1/4 lemon, juiced
Salt & pepper

Combine, chill for an hour, and eat! The best. By the way, what is up with recipes calling for quinoa to be soaked for hours or overnight? I rinse and cook. Maybe that's just me... Shortcuts abound! Bon appetit!

No comments: