Wednesday, April 13, 2011

bringing wide back.

The skinny jean look has been in for what seems like forever. It took me a while to get on board with leggings, peg legs, jeggings, etc. Suddenly, one day, I couldn't imagine my life without a pair of unpants and a tunic. I forsook my boot-cut jeans and tailored trousers for pants tucked into boots and shapeless, bum-covering sweaters. It was as comfy as wearing yoga pants, only I was appropriate for public consumption!

Then, slowly in the past couple of months, I started noticing more flares on the fashion and style blogs I frequent. Even bellbottoms seemed to be making a comeback! And one day, I put my favorite pair of boot-cut jeans back on with my new Frye boots. It was like a fog was lifted. I didn't HAVE to give up my figure-flattering jeans completely! Just a few weeks ago, I came across my newest, most coveted obsession: The EmersonMade. Original Bluebells.


Oh boy, these are awesome. Portland is the land of jorts and Tom's shoes, and these seem to be the polar opposite. But I'm OK with that. Hipsters be damned, I am ready for some wide-leg jeans and four inch heels. Welcome back to my life, tailoring. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can so see you wearing these.