Sunday, April 10, 2011

dinner(s), 4/7 & 4/8/11.

Thursday night, I just didn't feel like cooking, so we went to Podnah's down the street. They just relocated to our neighborhood, and everyone raves about the barbecue. We had a salad (mmm, bleu cheese dressing) and a half-rack of ribs with some brisket and sides. It was pretty good. Of course, nothing is as good as my beloved Oklahoma Joe's. The ribs were decent, and the sauces were nice, the sides were sides. Prices were good, too. My only real complaint was that the brisket was so poorly cut that it looked like someone else had eaten it first. It was totally mangled!

Friday, we decided to go for a walk and have an in night and make dinner. It was just lovely out. Sunny and 60 and beautiful, so we set the patio chairs up in the back garden and Dave made up a little cheese plate. We went to a great wine tasting last weekend and decided to open one of the bottles we had picked up, fought over the pickled artichokes, and had a nice, decompressing moment.


Just because I am unemployed doesn't mean my week was a piece of cake! I earned my share of that delicious, creamy lump of cheese on that platter. 

Dinner was spice-rubbed, grilled pork tenderloin, coconut rice with cilantro (I think I ate most of it!), and spicy asparagus. Big winner, and the hubs grilled the pork perfectly! This is all making us sound like major carnivores. Hey, we ate vegetarian Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday! Sometimes, you just have to use what you already have around.


For the record, last night we had a frozen pizza. Kirkland cheese, to be exact. Not really post-worthy (but meat free)!

No comments: