Wednesday, April 27, 2011

dinner, 4/27/11.

Haven't done a dinner post in a while. I'm pretty happy with what I pulled together for myself tonight. Sorry the picture isn't great. It's from my phone because I didn't want to get out the camera and freak out the dog while he is sick (he hates cameras).


Chickpea Stew

1/2 T. olive oil
1/2 onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 t. cumin
1/2 t. coriander
1/2 jalapeno, minced (optional)
Salt & pepper
1 can chickpeas, drained
Broth or water (enough to cover chickpeas in your pot)
1 14.5 ounce can crushed tomatoes (I used Muir Glen Fire-Roasted crushed tomatoes)
Squeeze of lemon, maybe one tablespoon

Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until softening. Add spices, jalapeno, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir in chickpeas and add water or broth. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Using a potato masher, mash the chickpeas to desired consistency. I like it chunky. Add tomatoes, cover, and simmer another 10-20 minutes on low. Stir in lemon juice at the end. Serve with cilantro, green onion, jalapeno, etc. I like mine with HOT SAUCE of course!

I also had an arugula salad with some lemon and olive oil and bleu cheese. Boring. But very tasty!


No comments: