Thursday, April 28, 2011

LOCK THE KNEE!

I've had about enough lately of people telling me where to go, what to do, where to stand, smile now, etc. So, I figured I might as well go to Bikram today and let someone yell at me some more! It was one of those horrible, hot days where the air feels like it's coming from hell and just breathing makes you sweat. For the first time in 10 classes, I had to sit down during the standing series. And I almost fell asleep during savasana.

Taking a week off... I felt it. On top of it being a ridiculously hot session, my limbs and joints lost some of their flexibility. I hung in there, though. There was a new girl, her first day, and she stayed in the room and did great. I found myself giving her advice, and I surprised myself a little. I told her to come back the next day, especially after such a hot class, and she would get a lot out of it. And it's true. Today, I was tired. My balance is always bad when I'm feeling weak, so I fell out of a lot of postures. I had to sit down twice, and I had less flexibility than before. But, I will be going back again because the next time will be better. I hope!

LOCK YOUR KNEE! SMILE! That's me!

No comments: